George Gimas is the Electronics Technician within the Detector Group of the European Spallation Source ERIC. He will be based in Daresbury Laboratory (UK).
Previously, he worked as an Electronics Technician at WFS (Wireless for Subsea) Technologies in the UK, where he produced and tested prototype modems for underwater radio communications. Before that he was responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Aerodynamics Laboratory at the University of Salford. Earlier roles involved technical support to academic research groups.
- 2016 - present Electronics Technician in Detector Instrumentation, ESS
- 2015 - Electronics Technician, WFS Technologies
- 2013 - Aerodynamics Laboratory Technician, University of Salford
- 2005 - Robotics Research Technician, London Aquarium/ University of Essex
- 2009 - PGDip in System Level Integration, University of Edinburgh
- 2003 - BSc in Computer Science (Robotics & Embedded Systems), University of Essex