Judith Freita-Ramos is the Detector Systems Deputy Work Package Manager at ESS. With the group internal split during 2016, Judith was offered to lead the Detector Systems Services Section, including the group engineers, technicians and admin personnel. She is also in charge of applying for grants, writing and submitting proposals, as well as managing granted projects—mainly European. Her role also includes liaising with partners and In-Kind collaborators.
Previous to her positions at ESS, she led research groups of up to 24 members in several study fields. She is familiar with the Horizon 2020 call regulations and requirements, as she was previously with the FP6 and FP7 calls. Prior to coming to ESS, she worked at international research centres and universities, such as the Institute of Neurodegenerative diseases (IoN, at the University College London - UCL) and the London School of Economics (LSE), and worked as a project coordinator at the LSE Enterprise (London). Most recently she was responsible for various European projects at the University of Vigo (UVigo, Spain), including the IMMUNONET network, funded by the STC SUDOE, and the FP7 HINAMOX project. Judith has also participated in writing the FP7 REGPOT BIOCAPS proposal. During the first ten months of 2014, Judith has driven the application for several Horizon 2020 proposals at the University of Vigo.
- European Radiation Detectors and Imaging Platform. COST Action
- BrightenESS. Horizon2020 – INFRADEV-3
- “Biomedical Capacities Support Programme” BIOCAPS. FP7-REGPOT
- “European Immunotherapy Network” IMMUNONET. FP7 - SUDOE programme
- “Health Impact of Engineered Metal Oxide Nanoparticles” HINAMOX. FP7-NMP-SMALL-2
- Various FP7 – ERC’s
- Projects funded by no-EC projects: European Parliament, European Court of Auditors, Australian AID, BBC, several of the biggest names of the Pharmaceutical Industry, non-for-profit organisations, various UK government departments and ministries, City of London, European Bank for Reconstruction & Development, the World Bank, Inter-American Development Bank, Organisation for Economic Co-operation & Development, Shell, United Nations Environment Programme, various European universities.
- 2016 - present Detector Systems Deputy Work Package Manager and Services Section Leader, ESS, Lund, Sweden
- 2014 - Detector Systems Deputy Work Package Manager, ESS, Lund, Sweden
- 2011 - Research Project Manager, Immunology Group and Biomedical Research Centre (CINBIO). University of Vigo, Spain
- 2008 - Project Coordinator, LSE Enterprise, London, UK
- 2007 - Projects and Finance Administrator, London School of Economics, UK
- 2006 - Departmental Management, Institute of Neurology. University College of London, UK
- 2006 - MA Enterprise and Management of the Creative Arts, University of the Arts London
- 2000 - Advertising Communications, Marketing and Public Relations, University of Vigo