kalliopi.kanaki [at] esss.se
Dr. Kalliopi Kanaki studied physics at the University of Athens, Greece and graduated with a diploma thesis on "Active and passive shielding of a 4π NaI scintillator for γ spectroscopy" at the National Centre for Scientific Research "Demokritos".
She got her doctoral title (Dr. rer. nat.) from the Technical University of Dresden for her work "Study of Λ hyperon production at C+C collisions at 2 AGeV beam energy with the HADES spectrometer". Her thesis work was performed at theHelmholtz-Centre Dresden-Rossendorf, as well as the GSI Helmholtz Centre for Heavy Ion Research, as a member of the HADES collaboration. During this time she became experienced in construction and commissioning of large area drift chambers, ageing studies, electrostatic field calculations and data analysis on secondary vertex reconstruction.
Her postdoctoral research continued in Norway as a member of the ALICE High Level Trigger Collaboration. She participated in the first p+p and Pb+Pb LHC runs at CERN and was responsible for the HLT data quality assessment.
Since 2012 Kalliopi Kanaki has been a member of the ESS Detector Group. She has been involved in the development of the detector concept for the LoKI instrument and acts as the detector group contact person for the LoKI and SKADI detectors. She has been working on detector requirements and qualification studies for detector technologies.
- Radiation detection
- Experimental physics
- Data analysis and simulations
Current Projects and Collaborations
- 2014- RD51 collaboration
- 2012- ICND collaboration
- 2007-2012 ALICE collaboration at CERN, Switzerland
- 2000-2010 HADES collaboration at GSI
- 2012 - present Neutron Detector Scientist, ESS, Sweden
- 2007 - Posdoctoral Researcher, University of Bergen, Norway
- 2006 - PhD, Experimental Hadronic Physics, Technical University of Dresden, Germany
- 1995 - BSc in Physics, National Kapodistrian University of Athenas