nataliia.cherkashyna [at] esss.se
Dr. Nataliia Cherkashyna studied physics at the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine, and graduated in 2005. She continued the research in the field of quantum information theory and got her doctoral degree in 2010 with the thesis “Theory of Entanglement of Coherent Electron Pair”. In her work she investigated the entanglement of a pair of coherent electron. It was found that the correlation between coordinate and momentum is the characteristic of entanglement of the coherent state of pairs of electrons, and the matrix of correlation functions is a measure of entanglement.
Nataliia Cherkashyna joined ESS in 2012 as a PostDoc. She has been working on research and development in the field of high-energy background problem and possible solutions (according to shielding design at ESS). Since 2014 she works as shielding scientist and is developing, organizing, plannig and conducting research according to shielding design and construction of ESS as well as defining appropiate standards for neutron instrument shielding.
- Neutron scattering
- Theory, design and computerized simulations in the field of neutron scattering
- Neutron instruments shielding, structural and shielding materials
- Nataliia Cherkashyna, Douglas D. DiJulio, Tobias Panzner, Emmanouela Rantsiou, Uwe Filges, Georg Ehlers, and Phillip M. Bentley, "Benchmarking shielding simulations for an accelerator-driven spallation neutron source", Physical Review Special Topics Accelerators and Beams 18 083501 (2015) http://journals.aps.org/prstab/pdf/10.1103/PhysRevSTAB.18.083501
- Nataliia Cherkashyna, Richard J. Hall-Wilton, Douglas D. DiJulio et al, "Overcoming High Energy Backgrounds at Pulsed Spallation Sources", submitted to Proceedings of ICANS XXI (International Collaboration on Advanced Neutron Sources), Mito, Japan. 2014 http://arxiv.org/abs/1501.02364
- N Cherkashyna, K Kanaki, T Kittelmann et al, "High energy particle background at neutron spallation sources and possible solutions", 2014 J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 528 012013 http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1742-6596/528/1/012013/pdf
- 2014 – present Shielding Scientist, ESS, Sweden
- 2012 – PostDoc Neutron Optics, ESS, Sweden
- 2010 – PhD in Physics and Mathematics, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine
- 2005 – MSc in Physics, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine