Nathalie will be working on the administration of Utgård lab as well as aiding the Detector group with technical work. Her priority is to make sure that everyone using the laboratory can work efficiently, in a safe environment.
Previous to her position at ESS, she worked as a postdoctoral research scientist on DESIREE (Double Electrostatic Storage Ring Experiment) at Stockholm University and studied gas phase chemical reactions and fragmentation of molecular ions relevant for astrophysics environments in the laboratory. In ten years of research as a PhD student and postdoc, Nathalie developed expertise in ion beam accelerators, detection devices, laser and vacuum techniques. She has gained experience in running a laboratory and worked hard on improving safety.
Nathalie grew up in Belgium and has lived in Canada, New Zealand and New York before moving to Sweden. Her mother-tongue is French. She speaks English, a little Flemish and is now learning Swedish.
- 2018 - Detector Lab Coordination Officer, ESS, Lund, Sweden
- 2014 - Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Fysikum, Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden
- 2012 - Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Columbia Astrophysics Laboratory, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
- 2012 - Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Institute of Condensed Matter and Nanosciences, Université Catholique de Louvain, Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
- 2003-2007 - PhD in Experimental Atomic, Molecular and Optic Physics, Université Catholique de Louvain, Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium