Instr. Scientist-Cold Neutr.Spectroscopy
pascale.deen [at] esss.se
- Dynamics of frustrated magnetic order.
- Spin glasses and disorder.
- Heavy fermion behaviour.
I study the bulk properties of the above mentioned phenomona using magnetometry, specific heat and resistivity. Spatial and dynamic information is thereafter obtained using diffraction and spectroscopic techniques employing both x-rays and neutrons. My principal collaborations include Professor A. Strydom (University of Johannesberg, South Africa), Professor S. Paschen (Institut fur Festkorperphysik, Wein, Austria), Dr. O. Petrenko (Warwick University, Warwick, UK), Dr. H. Mutka (Institut Laue Langevin, Grenoble, France) and Professor K. Lefmann (Niels Bohr Institute, University of Copenhagen, Denmark).
- Spin dynamics in the hyperkagome compound Gd3Ga5O12 P. P. Deen, O. A. Petrenko, G. Balakrishnan, B. D. Rainford, C. Ritter, L. Capogna, H. Mutka, and T. Fennell Phys. Rev. B 82, 174408. DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevB.82.174408
- Quantum fluctuations and the magnetic ground state of Ce3Pd20Si6 P. P. Deen, A. M. Strydom, S. Paschen, D. T. Adroja, W. Kockelmann, and S. Rols Phys. Rev. B 81, 064427 DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevB.81.064427
- Magnetic Coulomb Phase in the Spin Ice Ho2Ti2O7 T. Fennell, P. P. Deen, A. R. Wildes, K. Schmalzl, D. Prabhakaran, A. T. Boothroyd, R. J. Aldus,D. F. McMorrow, and S. T. Bramwell Science 16 October 2009: 415-417. DOI: 10.1126/science.1181510
- Affiliated Associate Professor, 2011 - Current: Niels Bohr Institute, University of Copenhagen.
- Instrument Scientist, 2006 - 2011: Institut Laue Langevin, D7, Instrument responsible: Diffuse scattering spectrometer, D7.
- ILL scientist representative 2009 - 2011
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, 2003 - 2006: European Synchrotron Radiation Facility: ID20: X-ray magnetic resonant scattering.
- Ph.D. in Condensed Matter Physics. University of Liverpool, 1999 - 2003: Ph.D. thesis advisor: Prof. J. P. Goff Ph.D. thesis title: Exchange coupling and superconductivity in light rare earth alloys and superlattices